Born in Mississippi and raised in the Bay Area of California, 20 year old independent singer Qui knows that in order to be the best, you need to work the hardest. As a daughter to former NFL star and future Hall of Famer, Jerry Rice, she never needed to look any further than her own kitchen for an example of such. Although currently unsigned, Qui plans to release an independent project in 2008 that she feels will catch the ears of all the major labels. On her first single, Rev It Up, Qui is joined by the energy-filled and M.I.S.S.I.S.S.I.P.P.I.- born, David Banner. A rock-solid choice at both radio and on the dance floor, producer Poli Paul (who has worked with Chingy, Omarion and Christina Millian to name a few) showcases Qui’s vocals in a similar manner to Ciara’s introduction into the music world on Goodies.
Written by DJ Z on 11/27/07
Submit your Rating
Jackie and Jerry Rice Entertainment
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.