If you’re lucky enough to be in Austin, Texas for this month’s SXSW festivities, you’d be crazy not to attend Question‘s showcase this evening (at local venue La Zona Rose), where he’ll be debuting a new track off his forthcoming XANAX 3 LP. If you don’t happen to be in town, though, we’ve got you covered – tonight, we are proud to bring listeners the early world premiere of Talkin’ Down, a Southern-fried street banger which finds the emcee lashing out at condescending critics. Joining the headliner over Shuko‘s brassy, bass-booming beat is Spark (no relation to Tx. emcee SparkDawg), who spends his middle bars driving home a sentiment often voiced by our own DJ Z: “I ain’t gonna lie: all this hate is free publicity / That’s why I don’t respond when I hear motherf*ckers dissin’ me.” Singer/songwriter Verse who, similarly, shares nothing but a name with Virgin Islands-bred singer Verse Simmonds, ties the swagger-drenched package together with some memorable chorus vocals. For more from the San Antonio up-and-comer who brought us Best of the Booth-winning freestyle Getting High in the DJ Booth, check out his latest studio album, set to drop sometime in April.
Written by richard on 03/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.