If you’re lucky enough to be in Austin, Texas for this month’s SXSW festivities, you’d be crazy not to attend Question‘s showcase this evening (at local venue La Zona Rose), where he’ll be debuting a new track off his forthcoming XANAX 3 LP. If you don’t happen to be in town, though, we’ve got you covered – tonight, we are proud to bring listeners the early world premiere of Talkin’ Down, a Southern-fried street banger which finds the emcee lashing out at condescending critics. Joining the headliner over Shuko‘s brassy, bass-booming beat is Spark (no relation to Tx. emcee SparkDawg), who spends his middle bars driving home a sentiment often voiced by our own DJ Z: “I ain’t gonna lie: all this hate is free publicity / That’s why I don’t respond when I hear motherf*ckers dissin’ me.” Singer/songwriter Verse who, similarly, shares nothing but a name with Virgin Islands-bred singer Verse Simmonds, ties the swagger-drenched package together with some memorable chorus vocals. For more from the San Antonio up-and-comer who brought us Best of the Booth-winning freestyle Getting High in the DJ Booth, check out his latest studio album, set to drop sometime in April.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.