If you’re lucky enough to be in Austin, Texas for this month’s SXSW festivities, you’d be crazy not to attend Question‘s showcase this evening (at local venue La Zona Rose), where he’ll be debuting a new track off his forthcoming XANAX 3 LP. If you don’t happen to be in town, though, we’ve got you covered – tonight, we are proud to bring listeners the early world premiere of Talkin’ Down, a Southern-fried street banger which finds the emcee lashing out at condescending critics. Joining the headliner over Shuko‘s brassy, bass-booming beat is Spark (no relation to Tx. emcee SparkDawg), who spends his middle bars driving home a sentiment often voiced by our own DJ Z: “I ain’t gonna lie: all this hate is free publicity / That’s why I don’t respond when I hear motherf*ckers dissin’ me.” Singer/songwriter Verse who, similarly, shares nothing but a name with Virgin Islands-bred singer Verse Simmonds, ties the swagger-drenched package together with some memorable chorus vocals. For more from the San Antonio up-and-comer who brought us Best of the Booth-winning freestyle Getting High in the DJ Booth, check out his latest studio album, set to drop sometime in April.
Written by richard on 03/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.