C.M.F.A. was dope but, as the sole single to drop off Question?‘s latest album (not to mention a departure from his usual, reflective subject matter), it likely left many fans craving Something More. Well, I’m happy to announce that the San Antonio repper’s back with just that—another cut off the project, and a return to more thoughtful lyrical territory. Over Hits’ chopped-sample beat, drawn from ‘80s revivalist Esthero’s We R in Need of a Musical Revolution, the freestyle alum voices his disgust with the “sh*t on the radio.” In a flow that drips with righteous indignation, Question? opines that anything would be better than today’s swag-soaked garbage; while he’d love to hear “Kendrick Lamar or some Big K.R.I.T. Country Sh*t” on his local hip-hop station, he’d settle for some Shiny Suit-era Diddy. In addition to airing his grievances, he offers listeners a glimpse into the machinations that determine radio airplay, and ends by telling us what we can do to solve the problem: “If you want change, I’ll tell you where to start: turn off your radio and TVs.” Agree with the Booth fave’s assessment of the game? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on his Fear of Dying LP, released to iTunes this past Tuesday.
Listen to More: Question?
Written by richard on 09/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.