C.M.F.A. was dope but, as the sole single to drop off Question?‘s latest album (not to mention a departure from his usual, reflective subject matter), it likely left many fans craving Something More. Well, I’m happy to announce that the San Antonio repper’s back with just that—another cut off the project, and a return to more thoughtful lyrical territory. Over Hits’ chopped-sample beat, drawn from ‘80s revivalist Esthero’s We R in Need of a Musical Revolution, the freestyle alum voices his disgust with the “sh*t on the radio.” In a flow that drips with righteous indignation, Question? opines that anything would be better than today’s swag-soaked garbage; while he’d love to hear “Kendrick Lamar or some Big K.R.I.T. Country Sh*t” on his local hip-hop station, he’d settle for some Shiny Suit-era Diddy. In addition to airing his grievances, he offers listeners a glimpse into the machinations that determine radio airplay, and ends by telling us what we can do to solve the problem: “If you want change, I’ll tell you where to start: turn off your radio and TVs.” Agree with the Booth fave’s assessment of the game? Then you’ll undoubtedly find more to like on his Fear of Dying LP, released to iTunes this past Tuesday.
Written by richard on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.