Willing to do whatever it took to help his team achieve victory, all while rocking the stylish combo of bushy mustache and horn-rimmed glasses, Kurt Rambis, aka “the hardest-working white boy ever” is a fitting role model for the always grinding Question?. On this mixtape outro track (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), the San Antonio native compares his towering ambition and unceasing hustle to that of the Lakers legend and current Timberwolves coach, flowing over The Innovators’ choral vocal samples (I can’t decide whether this is more or less epic than the similarly melodramatic beat he flowed over on Is It Cuz I’m White – thoughts?). As always, Question? shows an uncanny knack for pop-referential braggadocio, managing to namedrop Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Godzilla, Dr. Dre and the Party Boyz – and that’s just verse one. If Rambis leaves you craving more, well, this is only the beginning – notwithstanding the fact that it’s actually the end of the project (a bonus track). However you want to look at it, though, you’ll want to grab a copy of Xanax 3 when it drops in late April.
Written by richard on 03/30/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)