Willing to do whatever it took to help his team achieve victory, all while rocking the stylish combo of bushy mustache and horn-rimmed glasses, Kurt Rambis, aka “the hardest-working white boy ever” is a fitting role model for the always grinding Question?. On this mixtape outro track (making its world premiere right here in the Booth!), the San Antonio native compares his towering ambition and unceasing hustle to that of the Lakers legend and current Timberwolves coach, flowing over The Innovators’ choral vocal samples (I can’t decide whether this is more or less epic than the similarly melodramatic beat he flowed over on Is It Cuz I’m White – thoughts?). As always, Question? shows an uncanny knack for pop-referential braggadocio, managing to namedrop Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Godzilla, Dr. Dre and the Party Boyz – and that’s just verse one. If Rambis leaves you craving more, well, this is only the beginning – notwithstanding the fact that it’s actually the end of the project (a bonus track). However you want to look at it, though, you’ll want to grab a copy of Xanax 3 when it drops in late April.
Written by richard on 03/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.