Question?‘s Booth history reads a little like an after-school special played in reverse: seriously strung-out emcee stumbles onto our front page, bleary-eyed and obviously Intoxicated, then starts hanging with the 420 crowd and experimenting with marijuana, and then undergoes a sudden transformation into a straight-A storyteller. Not that his drug jams weren’t dope (pun intended), but the San Antonio native didn’t take long to come into his own as one hell of a lyrical talent. The second of three exclusive world premieres, She’s Alive features some of Question?‘s deepest rhymes to date. Over a subdued, Sade-sampling beat by Shuko, the rapper spits an allegorical state-of-the-genre address, transcending the “hip-hop’s dead/alive” clichés in three poetic, densely allusive verses. Intoxicated singer Eddie B. steps up his game to match, providing plenty of jazzy, multilayered vocal harmonies in addition to a catchy hook. Watch for the emcee’s third and final DJBooth.net exclusive to hit our front page next week, and stay tuned for further details on his Is It Cuz I’m White? mixtape, coming soon.
Written by richard on 06/23/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.