Question?‘s Booth history reads a little like an after-school special played in reverse: seriously strung-out emcee stumbles onto our front page, bleary-eyed and obviously Intoxicated, then starts hanging with the 420 crowd and experimenting with marijuana, and then undergoes a sudden transformation into a straight-A storyteller. Not that his drug jams weren’t dope (pun intended), but the San Antonio native didn’t take long to come into his own as one hell of a lyrical talent. The second of three exclusive world premieres, She’s Alive features some of Question?‘s deepest rhymes to date. Over a subdued, Sade-sampling beat by Shuko, the rapper spits an allegorical state-of-the-genre address, transcending the “hip-hop’s dead/alive” clichés in three poetic, densely allusive verses. Intoxicated singer Eddie B. steps up his game to match, providing plenty of jazzy, multilayered vocal harmonies in addition to a catchy hook. Watch for the emcee’s third and final DJBooth.net exclusive to hit our front page next week, and stay tuned for further details on his Is It Cuz I’m White? mixtape, coming soon.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.