Question?‘s Booth history reads a little like an after-school special played in reverse: seriously strung-out emcee stumbles onto our front page, bleary-eyed and obviously Intoxicated, then starts hanging with the 420 crowd and experimenting with marijuana, and then undergoes a sudden transformation into a straight-A storyteller. Not that his drug jams weren’t dope (pun intended), but the San Antonio native didn’t take long to come into his own as one hell of a lyrical talent. The second of three exclusive world premieres, She’s Alive features some of Question?‘s deepest rhymes to date. Over a subdued, Sade-sampling beat by Shuko, the rapper spits an allegorical state-of-the-genre address, transcending the “hip-hop’s dead/alive” clichés in three poetic, densely allusive verses. Intoxicated singer Eddie B. steps up his game to match, providing plenty of jazzy, multilayered vocal harmonies in addition to a catchy hook. Watch for the emcee’s third and final DJBooth.net exclusive to hit our front page next week, and stay tuned for further details on his Is It Cuz I’m White? mixtape, coming soon.
Written by richard on 06/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.