Having spent his last few Booth features (Wonder Where You Are, Where I Belong) searching for certainty, San Antonio emcee Question?‘s finally ready to give us some answers. New single The Facts of Life finds the freestyle alum taking an unblinking look at the world around him, facing up to the realities of cruelty, ignorance and meaningless suffering. Backed by Hits’ appropriately poignant production work, an emotionally-charged blend of piano chords and rock flourishes, the emcee rattles off a litany of injustices, from the relatively unimportant (Question realizing he’s not the next Rakim) right up to the most globally-significant (war casualties, Third World poverty). So what is Question’s answer to the ills he describes? Simple compassion: “Human beings are members of a whole, in creation of one essence and soul… if you have no sympathy for human pain, the name of human you cannot retain.” Complete with a chorus by frequent collaborator Verse Da Ink, Facts may well be the emcee most’s insightful effort to date. If you’re digging it, more deep thoughts and hot beats await on his Fear or Dying LP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date. Keep it locked for details!
Written by richard on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.