Premiered in June, Me and a Gun found Question? revealing the ugly truth about the ever-popular hip-hop topic of gunplay. On Don’t Come Back, also making its world premiere in the Booth, the San Antonio rapper gives us another reality check, demonstrating just how much destruction drugs and alcohol can wreak not only upon an addict, but also those around him. Backed by D.A.‘s haunting acoustic-guitar beat (the producer also contributes a sung hook), Question? steps into the role of an alcoholic addressing his live-in girlfriend, recounting a litany of abuses that range from unsettling to jaw-dropping—and that’s only verse one. A well-crafted cut that starts off pitch-black and only gets darker, DCB won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but Question?‘s storytelling skills are undeniably impressive, and his willingness to speak from the perspective of the abuser makes the track all the more chilling. Rehab is set to drop this fall, and fans should keep it locked to the Booth for Question?‘s exclusive “In the Mix” interview, coming soon!
Written by richard on 09/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.