Premiered in June, Me and a Gun found Question? revealing the ugly truth about the ever-popular hip-hop topic of gunplay. On Don’t Come Back, also making its world premiere in the Booth, the San Antonio rapper gives us another reality check, demonstrating just how much destruction drugs and alcohol can wreak not only upon an addict, but also those around him. Backed by D.A.‘s haunting acoustic-guitar beat (the producer also contributes a sung hook), Question? steps into the role of an alcoholic addressing his live-in girlfriend, recounting a litany of abuses that range from unsettling to jaw-dropping—and that’s only verse one. A well-crafted cut that starts off pitch-black and only gets darker, DCB won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but Question?‘s storytelling skills are undeniably impressive, and his willingness to speak from the perspective of the abuser makes the track all the more chilling. Rehab is set to drop this fall, and fans should keep it locked to the Booth for Question?‘s exclusive “In the Mix” interview, coming soon!
Written by richard on 09/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)