Premiered in June, Me and a Gun found Question? revealing the ugly truth about the ever-popular hip-hop topic of gunplay. On Don’t Come Back, also making its world premiere in the Booth, the San Antonio rapper gives us another reality check, demonstrating just how much destruction drugs and alcohol can wreak not only upon an addict, but also those around him. Backed by D.A.‘s haunting acoustic-guitar beat (the producer also contributes a sung hook), Question? steps into the role of an alcoholic addressing his live-in girlfriend, recounting a litany of abuses that range from unsettling to jaw-dropping—and that’s only verse one. A well-crafted cut that starts off pitch-black and only gets darker, DCB won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but Question?‘s storytelling skills are undeniably impressive, and his willingness to speak from the perspective of the abuser makes the track all the more chilling. Rehab is set to drop this fall, and fans should keep it locked to the Booth for Question?‘s exclusive “In the Mix” interview, coming soon!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.