Premiered in June, Me and a Gun found Question? revealing the ugly truth about the ever-popular hip-hop topic of gunplay. On Don’t Come Back, also making its world premiere in the Booth, the San Antonio rapper gives us another reality check, demonstrating just how much destruction drugs and alcohol can wreak not only upon an addict, but also those around him. Backed by D.A.‘s haunting acoustic-guitar beat (the producer also contributes a sung hook), Question? steps into the role of an alcoholic addressing his live-in girlfriend, recounting a litany of abuses that range from unsettling to jaw-dropping—and that’s only verse one. A well-crafted cut that starts off pitch-black and only gets darker, DCB won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but Question?‘s storytelling skills are undeniably impressive, and his willingness to speak from the perspective of the abuser makes the track all the more chilling. Rehab is set to drop this fall, and fans should keep it locked to the Booth for Question?‘s exclusive “In the Mix” interview, coming soon!
Written by richard on 09/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Intoxicated ft. Eddie B" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.