As I’ve recently noted, rappers’ usage of flight/altitude-based metaphors has been at an all-time, um, high, lately. Always the nonconformist, QuESt has elected to title his new single, an ambitious meditation on fame, fortune and the grind, “Were Going Down.” Title aside, the track is anthemic motivational music through and through, from producer Ace2euce‘s synth-scorching, “ay”-laced boardwork, to the soaring hook, performed by West Palm Beach R&B songstress Ms. Neo. For his part, the headliner comes with some appropriately determined rhymes, advising his peers “Just race your best and you can make it where you wanna be.” but warning against getting too caught up in the superficial pleasures of the LavishLuxurious life. Is QuESt making the right moves in his journey to superstardom? That’s for you to decide. In any case, fans should stay tuned for the latest on The Reason: A Defense Mechanism, which currently lacks a solid release date.
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No One's Allowed" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.