As I’ve recently noted, rappers’ usage of flight/altitude-based metaphors has been at an all-time, um, high, lately. Always the nonconformist, QuESt has elected to title his new single, an ambitious meditation on fame, fortune and the grind, “Were Going Down.” Title aside, the track is anthemic motivational music through and through, from producer Ace2euce‘s synth-scorching, “ay”-laced boardwork, to the soaring hook, performed by West Palm Beach R&B songstress Ms. Neo. For his part, the headliner comes with some appropriately determined rhymes, advising his peers “Just race your best and you can make it where you wanna be.” but warning against getting too caught up in the superficial pleasures of the LavishLuxurious life. Is QuESt making the right moves in his journey to superstardom? That’s for you to decide. In any case, fans should stay tuned for the latest on The Reason: A Defense Mechanism, which currently lacks a solid release date.
Written by richard on 06/1/10
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No One's Allowed" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)