As I’ve recently noted, rappers’ usage of flight/altitude-based metaphors has been at an all-time, um, high, lately. Always the nonconformist, QuESt has elected to title his new single, an ambitious meditation on fame, fortune and the grind, “Were Going Down.” Title aside, the track is anthemic motivational music through and through, from producer Ace2euce‘s synth-scorching, “ay”-laced boardwork, to the soaring hook, performed by West Palm Beach R&B songstress Ms. Neo. For his part, the headliner comes with some appropriately determined rhymes, advising his peers “Just race your best and you can make it where you wanna be.” but warning against getting too caught up in the superficial pleasures of the LavishLuxurious life. Is QuESt making the right moves in his journey to superstardom? That’s for you to decide. In any case, fans should stay tuned for the latest on The Reason: A Defense Mechanism, which currently lacks a solid release date.
Written by richard on 06/1/10
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No One's Allowed" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.