Booth newcomer Quest tha Young’n may be, well, a young’n, but don’t get it twisted; as the Boston up-and-comer explains on newly-released single So Crazy, he’s been around the block enough times to know exactly how cruel this world can be. With the help of ST. Da Squad beatsmith Artisin, who crafts an appropriately gritty, sampled instrumental, Quest takes us on a journey through the streets where he began his hustle, giving numerous examples of the havoc inner-city poverty and drug addiction can wreak on one’s body and soul: “I knew this pretty girl on my block, and I guess she was a dope fiend and she caught the virus… five feet, eyes were green, she was only 19.” Topped off with the mournful hook vocals of singer Good Brotha, this single is about as far as you can get from a carefree summer jam, but listeners who put a premium on realness will undoubtedly appreciate what Quest brings to the table. Fans can find more where this came from on the artist’s Quest for Greatness LP, released May 25 and available now online.
Written by richard on 07/7/10
Submit your Rating
ST. Da Squad
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.