Why does Miami up-and-comer QuESt grind day in and day out, passing up parties in favor of all-nighters in the studio? Simple: he wants to amass the cash and renown necessary to live LavishLuxuriously. Making its exclusive world premiere right here in the Booth, the new mixtape cut finds QuESt describing just how driven he is to achieve the ritzy standard of living he’s always desired for himself and his girl—as far as he’s concerned, “Life without the fame and the love and the fortune to me is livin’ wrong.” California producer STC‘s spaced-out synth arpeggios and downtempo percussion have a much chillier feel than Woody‘s bouncy production on No One’s Allowed, and the rapper tones down his delivery slightly to match, but it all comes together to hypnotically catchy effect. In any case, the sharply contrasting sounds we’ve heard from QuESt thus far are a testament to the emcee’s versatility; fans digging this track can hear more of his many styles on Broken Headphones, due out this Tuesday (the 28th).
Written by richard on 07/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No One's Allowed" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.