Why does Miami up-and-comer QuESt grind day in and day out, passing up parties in favor of all-nighters in the studio? Simple: he wants to amass the cash and renown necessary to live LavishLuxuriously. Making its exclusive world premiere right here in the Booth, the new mixtape cut finds QuESt describing just how driven he is to achieve the ritzy standard of living he’s always desired for himself and his girl—as far as he’s concerned, “Life without the fame and the love and the fortune to me is livin’ wrong.” California producer STC‘s spaced-out synth arpeggios and downtempo percussion have a much chillier feel than Woody‘s bouncy production on No One’s Allowed, and the rapper tones down his delivery slightly to match, but it all comes together to hypnotically catchy effect. In any case, the sharply contrasting sounds we’ve heard from QuESt thus far are a testament to the emcee’s versatility; fans digging this track can hear more of his many styles on Broken Headphones, due out this Tuesday (the 28th).
Written by richard on 07/26/09
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No One's Allowed" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.