Why does Miami up-and-comer QuESt grind day in and day out, passing up parties in favor of all-nighters in the studio? Simple: he wants to amass the cash and renown necessary to live LavishLuxuriously. Making its exclusive world premiere right here in the Booth, the new mixtape cut finds QuESt describing just how driven he is to achieve the ritzy standard of living he’s always desired for himself and his girl—as far as he’s concerned, “Life without the fame and the love and the fortune to me is livin’ wrong.” California producer STC‘s spaced-out synth arpeggios and downtempo percussion have a much chillier feel than Woody‘s bouncy production on No One’s Allowed, and the rapper tones down his delivery slightly to match, but it all comes together to hypnotically catchy effect. In any case, the sharply contrasting sounds we’ve heard from QuESt thus far are a testament to the emcee’s versatility; fans digging this track can hear more of his many styles on Broken Headphones, due out this Tuesday (the 28th).
Written by richard on 07/26/09
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No One's Allowed" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)