On July 28, dopeRoots (a partnership between top hip-hop blogs 2DopeBoyz and illRoots) will team up with HipHopDX to release the free online album Broken Headphones (likely to be available for download on the Booth). A month before that, dopeRoots will be dropping a preview mixtape, aptly titled There’s Only One Month Left. The Booth’s attention is already piqued, because that mixtape will contain No One’s Allowed, a new track from Miami native and Booth newcomer QuESt. Forgoing the Khaled-promoted, bass-heavy sound commonly associated with the 305 area code in favor of a hipster-underground style, QuESt and Booth favorite XV join forces to showcase their distinctive, border-crossing flows over Woody‘s old-school, sampled boardwork. If you’re digging QuEST’s sunny Miami sound, be sure to check back with us this July for the emcee’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by Burmy on 06/23/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LavishLuxuriously " (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.