On July 28, dopeRoots (a partnership between top hip-hop blogs 2DopeBoyz and illRoots) will team up with HipHopDX to release the free online album Broken Headphones (likely to be available for download on the Booth). A month before that, dopeRoots will be dropping a preview mixtape, aptly titled There’s Only One Month Left. The Booth’s attention is already piqued, because that mixtape will contain No One’s Allowed, a new track from Miami native and Booth newcomer QuESt. Forgoing the Khaled-promoted, bass-heavy sound commonly associated with the 305 area code in favor of a hipster-underground style, QuESt and Booth favorite XV join forces to showcase their distinctive, border-crossing flows over Woody‘s old-school, sampled boardwork. If you’re digging QuEST’s sunny Miami sound, be sure to check back with us this July for the emcee’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by Burmy on 06/23/09
Submit your Rating
Visionary Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"LavishLuxuriously " (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.