Not acquainted with Quelle Christopher, the Detroit rapper-producer best known for his production work with fellow Motown native Danny Brown? Well, take a listen to the Booth newcomer’s latest single and you can consider yourself officially in The Loop. Though the joint clocks in at a brisk 2:30 and features just one extended rap verse, the artist makes every second count; over his own stark but grandiose classic instrumental, he schools “swag rappers” a lesson in trash talk, dismissing their work with regal disdain: “You ask me how I feel about your album, well it’s cute… My advice to you is that you bang that sh*t on mute, and never ever ever rap again – truth.” Utopia High delivers the coup de grace, annihilating the competition in a guest contribution that packs plenty of entertainment value, despite being more of a spoken-word than a verse per se. Quelle’s latest full-length, Shotgun & Sleek Rifle, is scheduled to hit stores in July. In the meantime, those digging the Loop are encouraged to check out the record’s official video accompaniment.
Written by richard on 04/4/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.