Not acquainted with Quelle Christopher, the Detroit rapper-producer best known for his production work with fellow Motown native Danny Brown? Well, take a listen to the Booth newcomer’s latest single and you can consider yourself officially in The Loop. Though the joint clocks in at a brisk 2:30 and features just one extended rap verse, the artist makes every second count; over his own stark but grandiose classic instrumental, he schools “swag rappers” a lesson in trash talk, dismissing their work with regal disdain: “You ask me how I feel about your album, well it’s cute… My advice to you is that you bang that sh*t on mute, and never ever ever rap again – truth.” Utopia High delivers the coup de grace, annihilating the competition in a guest contribution that packs plenty of entertainment value, despite being more of a spoken-word than a verse per se. Quelle’s latest full-length, Shotgun & Sleek Rifle, is scheduled to hit stores in July. In the meantime, those digging the Loop are encouraged to check out the record’s official video accompaniment.
Written by richard on 04/4/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.