It may be mid-September but California sunshine coupled with heavily layered synths and the ghost of Roger Troutman will make it feel like summer any time of the year. For his first DJ Booth feature, Pasadena’s own Qualmes has no issues on G. Cue‘s bouncy Nothin’s Hollywood production, which also features the man behind the capitalized statement Skeme. The latest single from Qualmes’ Mood Swings project (out now), Nothin’s Hollywood finds the duo treating the track like a two-man relay team. Skeme lets easily packaged punchlines (and one hashtag rap moment) set up Qualmes’ polished soliloquy on how listening to Too $hort and others of Todd Shaw’s ilk help shaped him. Looks like the West continues to produce artists worthy of repeated listens.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!