It may be mid-September but California sunshine coupled with heavily layered synths and the ghost of Roger Troutman will make it feel like summer any time of the year. For his first DJ Booth feature, Pasadena’s own Qualmes has no issues on G. Cue‘s bouncy Nothin’s Hollywood production, which also features the man behind the capitalized statement Skeme. The latest single from Qualmes’ Mood Swings project (out now), Nothin’s Hollywood finds the duo treating the track like a two-man relay team. Skeme lets easily packaged punchlines (and one hashtag rap moment) set up Qualmes’ polished soliloquy on how listening to Too $hort and others of Todd Shaw’s ilk help shaped him. Looks like the West continues to produce artists worthy of repeated listens.
Written by Brando on 09/19/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.