Qualmes may pride himself on taking The High Road but, like every member of the human race, he makes the occasional mistake. On C.T’s Betrayal/Qualmes Spite, the latest single in his Direct Deposit Series, the Pasadena representative recounts a f**k-up with especially painful consequences, describing how his laxness with regard to contraception resulted in the pregnancy of a deceitful ex. Worse yet, his child is going to be raised by a former homie who stole the woman in question from under his nose. He takes comfort in his belief that his seed will grow up to be a baller like its daddy, as well as the likelihood that his ex will do her new man dirty just like she did him. DannyDee provides a low-key synth instrumental to back the emcee’s lyrical narrative. If this deeply personal jam leaves you craving more, you can keep it locked for further entries in Qualmes’s ongoing series, dropping on the 1st and 15th of every month.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing's Hollywood" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.