Qualmes may pride himself on taking The High Road but, like every member of the human race, he makes the occasional mistake. On C.T’s Betrayal/Qualmes Spite, the latest single in his Direct Deposit Series, the Pasadena representative recounts a f**k-up with especially painful consequences, describing how his laxness with regard to contraception resulted in the pregnancy of a deceitful ex. Worse yet, his child is going to be raised by a former homie who stole the woman in question from under his nose. He takes comfort in his belief that his seed will grow up to be a baller like its daddy, as well as the likelihood that his ex will do her new man dirty just like she did him. DannyDee provides a low-key synth instrumental to back the emcee’s lyrical narrative. If this deeply personal jam leaves you craving more, you can keep it locked for further entries in Qualmes’s ongoing series, dropping on the 1st and 15th of every month.
Written by richard on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing's Hollywood" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.