Qualmes may pride himself on taking The High Road but, like every member of the human race, he makes the occasional mistake. On C.T’s Betrayal/Qualmes Spite, the latest single in his Direct Deposit Series, the Pasadena representative recounts a f**k-up with especially painful consequences, describing how his laxness with regard to contraception resulted in the pregnancy of a deceitful ex. Worse yet, his child is going to be raised by a former homie who stole the woman in question from under his nose. He takes comfort in his belief that his seed will grow up to be a baller like its daddy, as well as the likelihood that his ex will do her new man dirty just like she did him. DannyDee provides a low-key synth instrumental to back the emcee’s lyrical narrative. If this deeply personal jam leaves you craving more, you can keep it locked for further entries in Qualmes’s ongoing series, dropping on the 1st and 15th of every month.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nothing's Hollywood" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.