Not everything that glitters is gold, and not every female rocking a mink coat is a goddess. An underground rhymesayer hailing from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Quake Matthews tells the story of a young woman whose lust for life’s finer things cost her soul on debut single and inaugural Booth feature Lucy. A smoky horn sample from Lamont Dozier’s Trying to Hold on to My Woman (as flipped by beatsmith Chris Noxx) backs the emcee as he recounts said shawty’s fall from grace. Assisting on the guest tip, Geeter contributes some flowed bars to the record’s intro. Lucy is slated for inclusion on Quake’s forthcoming freshman set, Corrado. Fans can keep it locked for all the latest on the project, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 02/17/13
Submit your Rating
Robin Steele Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dance Song" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.