If you’re as obsessed with tracking down samples as I am, you already know that Kendrick Lamar‘s Sounwave-produced B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe borrows its hazy guitar riff from Tilden Flyver, a single by Danish electronic collective Boom Clap Bachelors. What does that have to do with this song? I’m glad you asked, self. Quadron is a side-project of Coco B. and producer/multi-instrumentalist Robin Hannibal, two members of BCB. So, in lending his flow to new single Better Off, the emcee is effectively returning the favor. The record itself is a smooth, soulful number ideal for a long bath or a quiet evening in. Coco handles the opening and closing verses, showcasing her breathy vocal style over her partner’s understated percussion and mellow horns. On the middle, K. Dot manages to deliver his usual flames without, well, killing the joint’s delicate vibe. Interest piqued? More blissfully mellow bangers await on Quadron’s Avalance LP, set to drop digitally June 4, via Vested in Culture/Epic. Click here to pre-order the album on iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/24/13
Vested in Culture/EPIC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey Love (Ryan Hemsworth Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)