If you’re as obsessed with tracking down samples as I am, you already know that Kendrick Lamar‘s Sounwave-produced B*tch Don’t Kill My Vibe borrows its hazy guitar riff from Tilden Flyver, a single by Danish electronic collective Boom Clap Bachelors. What does that have to do with this song? I’m glad you asked, self. Quadron is a side-project of Coco B. and producer/multi-instrumentalist Robin Hannibal, two members of BCB. So, in lending his flow to new single Better Off, the emcee is effectively returning the favor. The record itself is a smooth, soulful number ideal for a long bath or a quiet evening in. Coco handles the opening and closing verses, showcasing her breathy vocal style over her partner’s understated percussion and mellow horns. On the middle, K. Dot manages to deliver his usual flames without, well, killing the joint’s delicate vibe. Interest piqued? More blissfully mellow bangers await on Quadron’s Avalance LP, set to drop digitally June 4, via Vested in Culture/Epic. Click here to pre-order the album on iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/24/13
Submit your Rating
Vested in Culture/EPIC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hey Love (Ryan Hemsworth Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.