After watching his last two albums go unreleased, hip-hop pioneer Q-Tip left Arista Records for the greener pastures of Universal Motown. However, rather than gloat about his new and improved situation, the Tribe Called Quest front man titled his new single, Work It Out; an analysis of everything that is wrong with hip-hop these days. From one-hit wonders and greedy label execs, Q-Tip breaks down how he thinks the game can improve and it doesn’t include ring tone sales. Work It Out is a rather refreshing departure from the empty lyricism in much of today’s hip-hop, and belongs in every aficionado’s CD or iPod. Look out for more old-school flavor when his new appropriately titled album, The Renaissance, drops on December 19th.
Listen to More: Q-Tip
Written by Burmy on 08/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.