After watching his last two albums go unreleased, hip-hop pioneer Q-Tip left Arista Records for the greener pastures of Universal Motown. However, rather than gloat about his new and improved situation, the Tribe Called Quest front man titled his new single, Work It Out; an analysis of everything that is wrong with hip-hop these days. From one-hit wonders and greedy label execs, Q-Tip breaks down how he thinks the game can improve and it doesn’t include ring tone sales. Work It Out is a rather refreshing departure from the empty lyricism in much of today’s hip-hop, and belongs in every aficionado’s CD or iPod. Look out for more old-school flavor when his new appropriately titled album, The Renaissance, drops on December 19th.
Written by Burmy on 08/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.