After watching his last two albums go unreleased, hip-hop pioneer Q-Tip left Arista Records for the greener pastures of Universal Motown. However, rather than gloat about his new and improved situation, the Tribe Called Quest front man titled his new single, Work It Out; an analysis of everything that is wrong with hip-hop these days. From one-hit wonders and greedy label execs, Q-Tip breaks down how he thinks the game can improve and it doesn’t include ring tone sales. Work It Out is a rather refreshing departure from the empty lyricism in much of today’s hip-hop, and belongs in every aficionado’s CD or iPod. Look out for more old-school flavor when his new appropriately titled album, The Renaissance, drops on December 19th.
Written by Burmy on 08/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.