After watching his last two albums go unreleased, hip-hop pioneer Q-Tip left Arista Records for the greener pastures of Universal Motown. However, rather than gloat about his new and improved situation, the Tribe Called Quest front man titled his new single, Work It Out; an analysis of everything that is wrong with hip-hop these days. From one-hit wonders and greedy label execs, Q-Tip breaks down how he thinks the game can improve and it doesn’t include ring tone sales. Work It Out is a rather refreshing departure from the empty lyricism in much of today’s hip-hop, and belongs in every aficionado’s CD or iPod. Look out for more old-school flavor when his new appropriately titled album, The Renaissance, drops on December 19th.
Written by Burmy on 08/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.