After watching his last two albums go unreleased, hip-hop pioneer Q-Tip left Arista Records for the greener pastures of Universal Motown. However, rather than gloat about his new and improved situation, the Tribe Called Quest front man titled his new single, Work It Out; an analysis of everything that is wrong with hip-hop these days. From one-hit wonders and greedy label execs, Q-Tip breaks down how he thinks the game can improve and it doesn’t include ring tone sales. Work It Out is a rather refreshing departure from the empty lyricism in much of today’s hip-hop, and belongs in every aficionado’s CD or iPod. Look out for more old-school flavor when his new appropriately titled album, The Renaissance, drops on December 19th.
Listen to More: Q-Tip Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!