Believe it not, A Tribe Called Quest has only been separated for 10 years. It seems like an eternity, doesn’t it? Since that fateful day, each of its three members have paved their own paths to relative irrelevance. Muhammad has faded away into R&B, Phife has teased with us empty promises of a comeback, and Q-Tip has toyed with success, only to let us down time and time again. Now in the midst of his fourth attempt at a solo album since ’99, Tip may finally be back on point. The potential lead single, a self-produced morning song called Gettin Up, sounds like a breath of fresh air. Perhaps reuniting with his ATCQ crew for the Rock the Bells tour this year has given him a surge of inspiration. The track will appear on his forthcoming album, The Renaissance, due in September.
Note: The streaming of “Gettin Up” has temporarily been suspended.
Listen to More: Q-Tip
Written by Charlie E. on 07/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.