Believe it not, A Tribe Called Quest has only been separated for 10 years. It seems like an eternity, doesn’t it? Since that fateful day, each of its three members have paved their own paths to relative irrelevance. Muhammad has faded away into R&B, Phife has teased with us empty promises of a comeback, and Q-Tip has toyed with success, only to let us down time and time again. Now in the midst of his fourth attempt at a solo album since ’99, Tip may finally be back on point. The potential lead single, a self-produced morning song called Gettin Up, sounds like a breath of fresh air. Perhaps reuniting with his ATCQ crew for the Rock the Bells tour this year has given him a surge of inspiration. The track will appear on his forthcoming album, The Renaissance, due in September.
Note: The streaming of “Gettin Up” has temporarily been suspended.
Listen to More: Q-Tip
Written by Charlie E. on 07/10/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.