Believe it not, A Tribe Called Quest has only been separated for 10 years. It seems like an eternity, doesn’t it? Since that fateful day, each of its three members have paved their own paths to relative irrelevance. Muhammad has faded away into R&B, Phife has teased with us empty promises of a comeback, and Q-Tip has toyed with success, only to let us down time and time again. Now in the midst of his fourth attempt at a solo album since ’99, Tip may finally be back on point. The potential lead single, a self-produced morning song called Gettin Up, sounds like a breath of fresh air. Perhaps reuniting with his ATCQ crew for the Rock the Bells tour this year has given him a surge of inspiration. The track will appear on his forthcoming album, The Renaissance, due in September.
Note: The streaming of “Gettin Up” has temporarily been suspended.
Listen to More: Q-Tip Written by Charlie E.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.