In late January, Q-Tip proved his remix prowess beyond a shadow of a doubt, bringing a trio of wildly different talents together to revamp his Renaissance Rap. Though this latest remix doesn’t have the strange-on-paper, great-in-execution surprise factor of its predecessor, the tried-and-true talent brought to bear here is undeniable, and the results should appeal especially to the old school set. This version of We Love, We Fight pushes Tip’s original opening verse to the middle of the cut, leaving him flanked by Kanye West and GOOD Music emcee Consequence. The combination of a emcee/producer now famous for tackling hellish relationship problems and a longtime Tribe collaborator (not to mention Tip’s cousin) over a subtly revamped version of the Abstract’s mellow instrumental seems destined to yield hip-hop gold, and it does, though some might miss the pop appeal Raphael Saadiq brought to the original. Fans can currently catch Q-Tip touring in support of his latest LP, The Renaissance.
Written by richard on 03/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.