In late January, Q-Tip proved his remix prowess beyond a shadow of a doubt, bringing a trio of wildly different talents together to revamp his Renaissance Rap. Though this latest remix doesn’t have the strange-on-paper, great-in-execution surprise factor of its predecessor, the tried-and-true talent brought to bear here is undeniable, and the results should appeal especially to the old school set. This version of We Love, We Fight pushes Tip’s original opening verse to the middle of the cut, leaving him flanked by Kanye West and GOOD Music emcee Consequence. The combination of a emcee/producer now famous for tackling hellish relationship problems and a longtime Tribe collaborator (not to mention Tip’s cousin) over a subtly revamped version of the Abstract’s mellow instrumental seems destined to yield hip-hop gold, and it does, though some might miss the pop appeal Raphael Saadiq brought to the original. Fans can currently catch Q-Tip touring in support of his latest LP, The Renaissance.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.