Last week, DJBooth featured the second installment of the Smirnoff Signature Mix Series; Common and Just Blaze’s 2008 rendition of The Light (It’s Love). This week, the final pairing of acclaimed MC and modern beat-maestros features an ’08 workup of the classic A Tribe Called Quest record, Midnight. Joining the group’s lead MC, Q-Tip, Miami production duo Cool & Dre supply a slightly sped-up modern-day spin on arguably the hottest song to drop off the classic album, Midnight Marauders. As each production was created, it was partnered with a new brand mixed drink. Linking Q-Tip and Cool & Dre is “The Blueberry Abstract,” made with Smirnoff’s Blueberry flavored vodka and lemonade.
Written by DJ Z on 03/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.