Last week, DJBooth featured the second installment of the Smirnoff Signature Mix Series; Common and Just Blaze’s 2008 rendition of The Light (It’s Love). This week, the final pairing of acclaimed MC and modern beat-maestros features an ’08 workup of the classic A Tribe Called Quest record, Midnight. Joining the group’s lead MC, Q-Tip, Miami production duo Cool & Dre supply a slightly sped-up modern-day spin on arguably the hottest song to drop off the classic album, Midnight Marauders. As each production was created, it was partnered with a new brand mixed drink. Linking Q-Tip and Cool & Dre is “The Blueberry Abstract,” made with Smirnoff’s Blueberry flavored vodka and lemonade.
Written by DJ Z on 03/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.