Last week, DJBooth featured the second installment of the Smirnoff Signature Mix Series; Common and Just Blaze’s 2008 rendition of The Light (It’s Love). This week, the final pairing of acclaimed MC and modern beat-maestros features an ’08 workup of the classic A Tribe Called Quest record, Midnight. Joining the group’s lead MC, Q-Tip, Miami production duo Cool & Dre supply a slightly sped-up modern-day spin on arguably the hottest song to drop off the classic album, Midnight Marauders. As each production was created, it was partnered with a new brand mixed drink. Linking Q-Tip and Cool & Dre is “The Blueberry Abstract,” made with Smirnoff’s Blueberry flavored vodka and lemonade.
Written by DJ Z on 03/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.