Last week, DJBooth featured the second installment of the Smirnoff Signature Mix Series; Common and Just Blaze’s 2008 rendition of The Light (It’s Love). This week, the final pairing of acclaimed MC and modern beat-maestros features an ’08 workup of the classic A Tribe Called Quest record, Midnight. Joining the group’s lead MC, Q-Tip, Miami production duo Cool & Dre supply a slightly sped-up modern-day spin on arguably the hottest song to drop off the classic album, Midnight Marauders. As each production was created, it was partnered with a new brand mixed drink. Linking Q-Tip and Cool & Dre is “The Blueberry Abstract,” made with Smirnoff’s Blueberry flavored vodka and lemonade.
Written by DJ Z on 03/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.