Last week, DJBooth featured the second installment of the Smirnoff Signature Mix Series; Common and Just Blaze’s 2008 rendition of The Light (It’s Love). This week, the final pairing of acclaimed MC and modern beat-maestros features an ’08 workup of the classic A Tribe Called Quest record, Midnight. Joining the group’s lead MC, Q-Tip, Miami production duo Cool & Dre supply a slightly sped-up modern-day spin on arguably the hottest song to drop off the classic album, Midnight Marauders. As each production was created, it was partnered with a new brand mixed drink. Linking Q-Tip and Cool & Dre is “The Blueberry Abstract,” made with Smirnoff’s Blueberry flavored vodka and lemonade.
Written by DJ Z on 03/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.