One of the oldest topics in Hip Hop is hustling. While often done to make more money, it is essentially the effort that is used to achieve specific goals. A Tribe Called Quest front man, Q-Tip, knows this very well, as his new single encourages the youth to “have a feva for something.” Whereas a casual listener might think Tip is biting off an MC like Talib Kweli, longtime fans will know Q-Tip helped to inspire Kweli as well as many of today’s influential MCs. Consequently, Feva might once again inspire rappers (of the conscious variety) to continue the grind. Further inspiration is set to come during Black History Month; The Renaissance is scheduled to hit stores in February.
Update: Feva will not appear on The Renaissance.
Written by Burmy on 11/28/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.