One of the oldest topics in Hip Hop is hustling. While often done to make more money, it is essentially the effort that is used to achieve specific goals. A Tribe Called Quest front man, Q-Tip, knows this very well, as his new single encourages the youth to “have a feva for something.” Whereas a casual listener might think Tip is biting off an MC like Talib Kweli, longtime fans will know Q-Tip helped to inspire Kweli as well as many of today’s influential MCs. Consequently, Feva might once again inspire rappers (of the conscious variety) to continue the grind. Further inspiration is set to come during Black History Month; The Renaissance is scheduled to hit stores in February.
Update: Feva will not appear on The Renaissance.
Written by Burmy on 11/28/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Why You Wanna (Mick Boogie Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)