When Q Da Kid first appeared on our pages, way back in ’07 with From Da Bottom 2 Da Top, he was hailed by some as rap’s savior. While fate hasn’t yet dealt him that ambitious hand, the Brooklyn native’s as determined to make it as ever. In fact, he’s daring you to Look at Me Now. Setting the stage are ominously named production team The Network, who build a triumphant foundation for Q and guest Avery Storm to build on. Speaking of which, Storm, whose career has had its own share of ups and downs, contributes yet another beautiful yet gritty hook, but fittingly the headliner is the main story here. On the mic Da Kid’s still ambitious, though he may be just a little older and wiser when it comes to life’s material pursuits: “…fast cars and women I got a thing for ‘em / I thought money would make me happy but its been borin’.” So Booth nation, now does the man look now? Those that answer “pretty damn nice” will want to check out his Trending Topic Mixtape, mixed by DJ Dimepiece and due out sometime later than tomorrow.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/31/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)