When Q Da Kid first appeared on our pages, way back in ’07 with From Da Bottom 2 Da Top, he was hailed by some as rap’s savior. While fate hasn’t yet dealt him that ambitious hand, the Brooklyn native’s as determined to make it as ever. In fact, he’s daring you to Look at Me Now. Setting the stage are ominously named production team The Network, who build a triumphant foundation for Q and guest Avery Storm to build on. Speaking of which, Storm, whose career has had its own share of ups and downs, contributes yet another beautiful yet gritty hook, but fittingly the headliner is the main story here. On the mic Da Kid’s still ambitious, though he may be just a little older and wiser when it comes to life’s material pursuits: “…fast cars and women I got a thing for ‘em / I thought money would make me happy but its been borin’.” So Booth nation, now does the man look now? Those that answer “pretty damn nice” will want to check out his Trending Topic Mixtape, mixed by DJ Dimepiece and due out sometime later than tomorrow.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/31/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.