In the current day and age of cookie-cutter rap, when artists only seem to care about padding their money market accounts, there remain a few youngsters who have overcome obstacles On A Mission to take over the rap game lyrically rather than financially. As you’ve probably seen in commercials for TAG body spray, Brooklyn’s Q da Kid is one of these few. Counted out by many after his former group split up, Q makes some groundbreaking references to Ronald McDonald’s friend Grimace and Heath Ledger’s fatal pill overdose on this his first official single. Jermaine Dupri adds sung hook vocals, delivered in a manner that suggests the TAG/Island Def Jam execs unsuccessfully tried to get Kanye West for the part, and Chicago producer No I.D. contributes his work behind the boards. Q da Kid’s forthcoming debut, It Was All A Dream, currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.