In the current day and age of cookie-cutter rap, when artists only seem to care about padding their money market accounts, there remain a few youngsters who have overcome obstacles On A Mission to take over the rap game lyrically rather than financially. As you’ve probably seen in commercials for TAG body spray, Brooklyn’s Q da Kid is one of these few. Counted out by many after his former group split up, Q makes some groundbreaking references to Ronald McDonald’s friend Grimace and Heath Ledger’s fatal pill overdose on this his first official single. Jermaine Dupri adds sung hook vocals, delivered in a manner that suggests the TAG/Island Def Jam execs unsuccessfully tried to get Kanye West for the part, and Chicago producer No I.D. contributes his work behind the boards. Q da Kid’s forthcoming debut, It Was All A Dream, currently has no set release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.