In the current day and age of cookie-cutter rap, when artists only seem to care about padding their money market accounts, there remain a few youngsters who have overcome obstacles On A Mission to take over the rap game lyrically rather than financially. As you’ve probably seen in commercials for TAG body spray, Brooklyn’s Q da Kid is one of these few. Counted out by many after his former group split up, Q makes some groundbreaking references to Ronald McDonald’s friend Grimace and Heath Ledger’s fatal pill overdose on this his first official single. Jermaine Dupri adds sung hook vocals, delivered in a manner that suggests the TAG/Island Def Jam execs unsuccessfully tried to get Kanye West for the part, and Chicago producer No I.D. contributes his work behind the boards. Q da Kid’s forthcoming debut, It Was All A Dream, currently has no set release date.
Written by Burmy on 09/23/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.