In an increasingly crowded field for the title of “savior of the East Coast,” yet another newcomer has thrown his name in the hat. Brooklyn’s Q Da Kid makes his case, similar to fellow Brooklynites Biggie and Jay-Z, as he illustriously describes his ascent From Da Bottom 2 Da Top. Unlike most others, Q incorporates some Southern flavor into his story, enlisting New Orleans’ B.G. on a guest verse, and Florida beat makers The Runners for their eerie production (which samples one of Paul Wall‘s lines from Ashanti‘s Still On It). When mixing one’s hometown tradition with what’s hot today, success is usually the result; From Da Bottom 2 Da Top should be no exception.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got That Fire ft. Q da Kid" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.