In an increasingly crowded field for the title of “savior of the East Coast,” yet another newcomer has thrown his name in the hat. Brooklyn’s Q Da Kid makes his case, similar to fellow Brooklynites Biggie and Jay-Z, as he illustriously describes his ascent From Da Bottom 2 Da Top. Unlike most others, Q incorporates some Southern flavor into his story, enlisting New Orleans’ B.G. on a guest verse, and Florida beat makers The Runners for their eerie production (which samples one of Paul Wall‘s lines from Ashanti‘s Still On It). When mixing one’s hometown tradition with what’s hot today, success is usually the result; From Da Bottom 2 Da Top should be no exception.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got That Fire ft. Q da Kid" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.