In an increasingly crowded field for the title of “savior of the East Coast,” yet another newcomer has thrown his name in the hat. Brooklyn’s Q Da Kid makes his case, similar to fellow Brooklynites Biggie and Jay-Z, as he illustriously describes his ascent From Da Bottom 2 Da Top. Unlike most others, Q incorporates some Southern flavor into his story, enlisting New Orleans’ B.G. on a guest verse, and Florida beat makers The Runners for their eerie production (which samples one of Paul Wall‘s lines from Ashanti‘s Still On It). When mixing one’s hometown tradition with what’s hot today, success is usually the result; From Da Bottom 2 Da Top should be no exception.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got That Fire ft. Q da Kid" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.