In an increasingly crowded field for the title of “savior of the East Coast,” yet another newcomer has thrown his name in the hat. Brooklyn’s Q Da Kid makes his case, similar to fellow Brooklynites Biggie and Jay-Z, as he illustriously describes his ascent From Da Bottom 2 Da Top. Unlike most others, Q incorporates some Southern flavor into his story, enlisting New Orleans’ B.G. on a guest verse, and Florida beat makers The Runners for their eerie production (which samples one of Paul Wall‘s lines from Ashanti‘s Still On It). When mixing one’s hometown tradition with what’s hot today, success is usually the result; From Da Bottom 2 Da Top should be no exception.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got That Fire ft. Q da Kid" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.