In an increasingly crowded field for the title of “savior of the East Coast,” yet another newcomer has thrown his name in the hat. Brooklyn’s Q Da Kid makes his case, similar to fellow Brooklynites Biggie and Jay-Z, as he illustriously describes his ascent From Da Bottom 2 Da Top. Unlike most others, Q incorporates some Southern flavor into his story, enlisting New Orleans’ B.G. on a guest verse, and Florida beat makers The Runners for their eerie production (which samples one of Paul Wall‘s lines from Ashanti‘s Still On It). When mixing one’s hometown tradition with what’s hot today, success is usually the result; From Da Bottom 2 Da Top should be no exception.
Written by Burmy on 09/16/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got That Fire ft. Q da Kid" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)