Last November, when Q Da Kid stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview, he stated with confidence that he would someday stand alongside hip-hop legends like Rakim, Nas, and Jay-Z. On this newly-released mixtape cut, the Brooklynite takes a few cues from the latter, employing Hova-esque vocal patterns and wordplay as he helps a special lady get Comfortable. Napoleon Pierre and Bus The Producer also look to the legends for inspiration, crafting an instrumental reminiscent of the Neptunes’ boardwork from back in the day. N.O.E., Angelous, and Stanza might come out ahead in a Jay-Z sound-alike contest, but the personal touches Q brings to this record are sure to earn him respect among listeners, and stir up buzz for his forthcoming I Am Pt. 2 mixtape.
Listen to More: Q Da Kid Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.