Last November, when Q Da Kid stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview, he stated with confidence that he would someday stand alongside hip-hop legends like Rakim, Nas, and Jay-Z. On this newly-released mixtape cut, the Brooklynite takes a few cues from the latter, employing Hova-esque vocal patterns and wordplay as he helps a special lady get Comfortable. Napoleon Pierre and Bus The Producer also look to the legends for inspiration, crafting an instrumental reminiscent of the Neptunes’ boardwork from back in the day. N.O.E., Angelous, and Stanza might come out ahead in a Jay-Z sound-alike contest, but the personal touches Q brings to this record are sure to earn him respect among listeners, and stir up buzz for his forthcoming I Am Pt. 2 mixtape.
Listen to More: Q Da Kid
Written by Burmy on 05/28/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)