Last November, when Q Da Kid stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview, he stated with confidence that he would someday stand alongside hip-hop legends like Rakim, Nas, and Jay-Z. On this newly-released mixtape cut, the Brooklynite takes a few cues from the latter, employing Hova-esque vocal patterns and wordplay as he helps a special lady get Comfortable. Napoleon Pierre and Bus The Producer also look to the legends for inspiration, crafting an instrumental reminiscent of the Neptunes’ boardwork from back in the day. N.O.E., Angelous, and Stanza might come out ahead in a Jay-Z sound-alike contest, but the personal touches Q brings to this record are sure to earn him respect among listeners, and stir up buzz for his forthcoming I Am Pt. 2 mixtape.
Listen to More: Q Da Kid
Written by Burmy on 05/28/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.