Last November, when Q Da Kid stepped into the Booth for an exclusive interview, he stated with confidence that he would someday stand alongside hip-hop legends like Rakim, Nas, and Jay-Z. On this newly-released mixtape cut, the Brooklynite takes a few cues from the latter, employing Hova-esque vocal patterns and wordplay as he helps a special lady get Comfortable. Napoleon Pierre and Bus The Producer also look to the legends for inspiration, crafting an instrumental reminiscent of the Neptunes’ boardwork from back in the day. N.O.E., Angelous, and Stanza might come out ahead in a Jay-Z sound-alike contest, but the personal touches Q brings to this record are sure to earn him respect among listeners, and stir up buzz for his forthcoming I Am Pt. 2 mixtape.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.