It appears a solution has finally been discovered for all of the longtime major-label artists whose debut albums have collected dust while awaiting release. Case in point: Q (aka Q Da Kid), signed to So So Def for several years was recently transferred to boss Jermaine Dupri‘s newest label venture, Tag Records (yup, as in the body spray brand). Getting ready for his upcoming I Am Him mixtape, Q gets into Untouchable mode with some classic BK street lyricism. Half of the credit here belongs to BUStheProducer for his percussion-heavy beat and sampling of a little-known Biggie verse (from Pudgee Tha Phat Bastard‘s Think Big). While the I Am Him mixtape has no set release date, look for Q to finally get some long-deserved shine on his new label.
Written by Burmy on 09/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"From Da Bottom 2 Da Top" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.