For most, the maxim “Be all you can be,” serves as a reminder to always be striving for self-improvement. In Pusha T‘s case, it’s the height of redundancy—after all, what could be better than being Pusha T? Having attained perfection in the personal sphere, the Virginia Beach vet turns his attention to amassing worldly wealth on Who I Am, the latest single off his solo debut studio album. The follow-up to May promo cut Numbers on the Boards, this record boasts boardwork by label boss Kanye West. In conjunction with Mano, Yeezy cooks up a grimy, bass-heavy backdrop for Pusha’s high-rolling bars, as well as those of G.O.O.D. labelmates 2 Chainz and Big Sean. My Name Is My Name is tentatively scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, July 16. In the meantime, of course, fans can watch our pages for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)