For most, the maxim “Be all you can be,” serves as a reminder to always be striving for self-improvement. In Pusha T‘s case, it’s the height of redundancy—after all, what could be better than being Pusha T? Having attained perfection in the personal sphere, the Virginia Beach vet turns his attention to amassing worldly wealth on Who I Am, the latest single off his solo debut studio album. The follow-up to May promo cut Numbers on the Boards, this record boasts boardwork by label boss Kanye West. In conjunction with Mano, Yeezy cooks up a grimy, bass-heavy backdrop for Pusha’s high-rolling bars, as well as those of G.O.O.D. labelmates 2 Chainz and Big Sean. My Name Is My Name is tentatively scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, July 16. In the meantime, of course, fans can watch our pages for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 06/17/13
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.