If I were to hand out a grade to Pusha T for the first quarter of 2013, he would receive a B+. In January, the G.O.O.D Music artist released free mixtape, Wrath of Caine, and in the weeks since he has struck a match on guest features for Eve (She Bad Bad) and Brianna Perry (Red Cup). Looking to improve his good standing on the first day of Q2, the former Clipse member has unleashed the Matt Alonzo-directed visuals for Trust You. The Virginian takes a more laid back approach on the Arthur McArthur and SK-produced track, confiding in a special female who, according to hook contributor Kevin Gates, he “trusts with his drugs, trusts with his money.” Trust You, which can be found on Wrath of Caine, will be re-purposed on Pusha’s forthcoming solo debut, My Name Is My Name, set for release later this year via Def Jam.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.