A funky, street-ready concoction which found Method Man trading bars with Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs, the lead single off the Man With the Iron Fist soundtrack made a big impression when it hit our front page in late August. Selection numèro deux, Tick, Tock follows a similar blueprint, with fresh lyrical talent flanking a Wu-Tang vet over some cinematically grimy street production. Frank Dukes reprises his role as co-producer from the previous joint, teaming up with S-1 to craft a minimalistic beat driven by Eastern strings. On the lyrical tip, we find Raekwon the Chef representing his crew in between hard-nosed opening and closing contributions from G.O.O.D. spitter Pusha T and Slaughterhouse emcee Joell Ortiz. The result is an atmospheric banger that should only leave fans more pumped for RZA‘s full-length directorial debut and its musical companion piece. The Man With the Iron Firsts soundtrack is scheduled to hit record stores October 23, paving the way for the film’s theatrical release on November 2.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)