A funky, street-ready concoction which found Method Man trading bars with Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs, the lead single off the Man With the Iron Fist soundtrack made a big impression when it hit our front page in late August. Selection numèro deux, Tick, Tock follows a similar blueprint, with fresh lyrical talent flanking a Wu-Tang vet over some cinematically grimy street production. Frank Dukes reprises his role as co-producer from the previous joint, teaming up with S-1 to craft a minimalistic beat driven by Eastern strings. On the lyrical tip, we find Raekwon the Chef representing his crew in between hard-nosed opening and closing contributions from G.O.O.D. spitter Pusha T and Slaughterhouse emcee Joell Ortiz. The result is an atmospheric banger that should only leave fans more pumped for RZA‘s full-length directorial debut and its musical companion piece. The Man With the Iron Firsts soundtrack is scheduled to hit record stores October 23, paving the way for the film’s theatrical release on November 2.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.