A funky, street-ready concoction which found Method Man trading bars with Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs, the lead single off the Man With the Iron Fist soundtrack made a big impression when it hit our front page in late August. Selection numèro deux, Tick, Tock follows a similar blueprint, with fresh lyrical talent flanking a Wu-Tang vet over some cinematically grimy street production. Frank Dukes reprises his role as co-producer from the previous joint, teaming up with S-1 to craft a minimalistic beat driven by Eastern strings. On the lyrical tip, we find Raekwon the Chef representing his crew in between hard-nosed opening and closing contributions from G.O.O.D. spitter Pusha T and Slaughterhouse emcee Joell Ortiz. The result is an atmospheric banger that should only leave fans more pumped for RZA‘s full-length directorial debut and its musical companion piece. The Man With the Iron Firsts soundtrack is scheduled to hit record stores October 23, paving the way for the film’s theatrical release on November 2.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.