Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Musically gifted as Pusha T may be, it’s tough to imagine the coke-rap mainstay standing outside a woman’s window, regaling her with a Sweet Serenade. Despite the incongruous imagery its title conjures up, though, this freshly-released single plays directly to the Clipse member’s strengths. A mildly eerie Swizz Beatz production, driven by choral vocals and slow-rolling percussion, backs Pusha as he delivers his high-rolling, yet hard-nosed bars. Though he’s made it from the block to the big leagues of the music game, he emphasizes in his verses, he still enjoys the sweet sound of “gunshots in the dark.” Assisting on the guest tip, R&B heavyweight Chris Brown lends a touch of smoothness to the record’s hook. Fans will be able to find this cut, previous single “Who I Am and much more on Pusha T’s My Name Is My Name LP, scheduled to drop October 8.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Pusha T’s Colin Tilley-directed Sweet Serenade visual.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)