Pusha T may speak of his dope boy past with a certain bravado, but his Booth-acclaimed solo debut also has a strong undertone of regret and melancholy. Nowhere is this more apparent than on the project’s latest single, Hold On. Kicked off with some Autotuned crooning from G.O.O.D. Music capo Kanye West (who also produces the record in collaboration with Hudson Mohawke), this joint finds Terrence Thornton reflecting on the social circumstances that impelled him to try his hand at the crack game: “They tipping the scale for these crackers to win / No reading, no writing, made us savage of men.” An unusually introspective guest 16 from Rick Ross rounds out the cut. DRE Films directs the official visuals, directed in Ross’s hometown, Miami. Released in early October, My Name Is My Name is available now wherever fine music is sold. Fans are also encouraged to check out our recently-featured playlist, The Best of Pusha T.
Written by richard on 11/14/13
The stovetop clicks to life, as a blue flame slowly grows until it’s at a steady burn. The pot clanks as it’s aggressively plopped over the blue flame by a gloved hand. Cocaine bubbles within. Finished product form lines...
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.