In Feeling Myself, Pusha T‘s latest swag-drenched mixtape leak, Tha Bizness produces a thick, bumping drum pattern complete with brass swells and synth stabs as the G.O.O.D. Music signee brushes off all the haters and celebrates the good life. As the monster kick drum knocks in the background, Pusha kicks back with his money and his girl: “In a perfect world, just my guns and my girl / We shine like diamonds and pearls.” Serial hook murderer Kevin Cossom shines as usual on the triumphant chorus: “I’m feeling myself, It’s my world, I’m spending money like a rich white girl.” Pusha and Cossom form a cocky-but-talented team, and the boardwork from Tha Bizness is equally dope. While this may not be a commercial smash, it makes for perfect iPod music. Some even say it’s the standout cut on his mixtape. We’ll let the Booth decide as always. Those who feel Pusha feeling himself (awkward pause), can grab his Fear of God mixtape, which dropped today.
Written by CourtlandHH on 03/21/11
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.