In Feeling Myself, Pusha T‘s latest swag-drenched mixtape leak, Tha Bizness produces a thick, bumping drum pattern complete with brass swells and synth stabs as the G.O.O.D. Music signee brushes off all the haters and celebrates the good life. As the monster kick drum knocks in the background, Pusha kicks back with his money and his girl: “In a perfect world, just my guns and my girl / We shine like diamonds and pearls.” Serial hook murderer Kevin Cossom shines as usual on the triumphant chorus: “I’m feeling myself, It’s my world, I’m spending money like a rich white girl.” Pusha and Cossom form a cocky-but-talented team, and the boardwork from Tha Bizness is equally dope. While this may not be a commercial smash, it makes for perfect iPod music. Some even say it’s the standout cut on his mixtape. We’ll let the Booth decide as always. Those who feel Pusha feeling himself (awkward pause), can grab his Fear of God mixtape, which dropped today.
Written by CourtlandHH on 03/21/11
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.