You know you’ve made it to the upper echelon of dope dealers when your nine’s looking just as icy as your wrists and neck. Just ask Pusha T, whose newly-released mixtape lead single finds him showing off the diamonds on his Blocka. In characteristically ruthless, high-rolling bars, the Clipse member revels in his ill-gotten gains, contrasting himself with (dead) rivals who weren’t able to pull the trigger when push came to shove. On the production tip, I Don’t Like beatsmith Young Chop takes a few cues from the G.O.O.D. Music production stable, fortifying his chilly synth-percussion grooves with vocoded backing harmonies and distorted vocal samples. Complete with an intro by Jamaican dancehall artist Popcaan and chorus vocals by Cruel Summer contributor Travi$ Scott. Feeling this cold-blooded banger? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the as yet unscheduled arrival of Wrath of Caine.
Written by richard on 12/6/12
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.