You know you’ve made it to the upper echelon of dope dealers when your nine’s looking just as icy as your wrists and neck. Just ask Pusha T, whose newly-released mixtape lead single finds him showing off the diamonds on his Blocka. In characteristically ruthless, high-rolling bars, the Clipse member revels in his ill-gotten gains, contrasting himself with (dead) rivals who weren’t able to pull the trigger when push came to shove. On the production tip, I Don’t Like beatsmith Young Chop takes a few cues from the G.O.O.D. Music production stable, fortifying his chilly synth-percussion grooves with vocoded backing harmonies and distorted vocal samples. Complete with an intro by Jamaican dancehall artist Popcaan and chorus vocals by Cruel Summer contributor Travi$ Scott. Feeling this cold-blooded banger? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the as yet unscheduled arrival of Wrath of Caine.
Written by richard on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.