You know you’ve made it to the upper echelon of dope dealers when your nine’s looking just as icy as your wrists and neck. Just ask Pusha T, whose newly-released mixtape lead single finds him showing off the diamonds on his Blocka. In characteristically ruthless, high-rolling bars, the Clipse member revels in his ill-gotten gains, contrasting himself with (dead) rivals who weren’t able to pull the trigger when push came to shove. On the production tip, I Don’t Like beatsmith Young Chop takes a few cues from the G.O.O.D. Music production stable, fortifying his chilly synth-percussion grooves with vocoded backing harmonies and distorted vocal samples. Complete with an intro by Jamaican dancehall artist Popcaan and chorus vocals by Cruel Summer contributor Travi$ Scott. Feeling this cold-blooded banger? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the as yet unscheduled arrival of Wrath of Caine.
Written by richard on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.