You know you’ve made it to the upper echelon of dope dealers when your nine’s looking just as icy as your wrists and neck. Just ask Pusha T, whose newly-released mixtape lead single finds him showing off the diamonds on his Blocka. In characteristically ruthless, high-rolling bars, the Clipse member revels in his ill-gotten gains, contrasting himself with (dead) rivals who weren’t able to pull the trigger when push came to shove. On the production tip, I Don’t Like beatsmith Young Chop takes a few cues from the G.O.O.D. Music production stable, fortifying his chilly synth-percussion grooves with vocoded backing harmonies and distorted vocal samples. Complete with an intro by Jamaican dancehall artist Popcaan and chorus vocals by Cruel Summer contributor Travi$ Scott. Feeling this cold-blooded banger? Then stay tuned for more fresh song releases leading up to the as yet unscheduled arrival of Wrath of Caine.
G.O.O.D Music/Def Jam
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Back In The Go Go ft. Bun B, Pusha T & Tre (from UCB)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.