If downtempo, swanky R&B-Pop is your kind of thing, you’ll love Pure. The Newark, NJ artist’s new single, Your Love, captures a grown-and-sexy, late-night lounge vibe that’ll have you tapping your foot into the wee hours of the evening. As can be expected from this genre, his vocals and his lyrics don’t blow you away, but they are good enough not to compromise the intimate mood of the track. Production duties are handled by The Lost Empire, who lay down some bright trance strings and an assortment of miscellaneous sound effects. Be sure to turn your subwoofer up, because the bass dips so low on the register that you won’t be able to hear it otherwise. Your Love will appear on Pure’s debut album, Addicted, due out sometime next year.
Written by Charlie E. on 08/21/08
Submit your Rating
Venture Brotherz Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.