With a mix of R&B and a hint of reggae, Walkin, the debut single from Pure, has the potential to be a hit among all types of music lovers. The self-produced track (with the help of Choir Boy and Sadeck) comes off the singer’s self-titled album set to be released later this year. The minimal use of instruments puts the focus on Pure’s smooth vocals. On par with Fabolous’ single Breathe, an old-school sample of the word “walkin” is used throughout the song, completing sentences throughout about how great a woman walks. There is currently no release date for Pure’s self-titled debut.
Written by Angela on 04/16/08
Submit your Rating
Venture Brotherz Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Love" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)