Though you, our readers, selected Paul Couture‘s Luda-featuring Self-Made Millionaire as the top R&B record by an unsigned/underground artist in our 2008 Best of the Booth Awards, Pure‘s debut single, Walkin’, made a strong showing and became our ‘Staff Pick’ for the category. The third single off the Newark native’s yet-untitled debut (due out this year) continues in the chillier, more club-friendly vein of his second Booth feature, Your Love. On the newly-released record, Pure expresses his devotion to a woman who makes him feel like a Superstar. All I Need Ent. provides the beat, suffusing mechanical crunches and whirs with an synthesized glow. The line “I can’t be without you” may lose some of its romantic luster when repeatedly intoned in a cold, robotic voice, but Pure picks up the emotional slack with his heartfelt vocals, singing, “She’s the beat of my heart, the air that I breathe, the reason that I exist.” Whether or not his love interest feels the same way, I think we can all agree that big things await this budding Superstar in ‘09.
Written by richard on 01/14/09
Venture Brotherz Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.