During Pugs Atomz’ second trip to London, the emcee heard a beat that kept running through his head long after he’d departed—only problem was, he wasn’t able to identify the instrumental. (Guess he didn’t have Shazam on his phone). The story has a happy ending, however; with the help of DJ Vadim, he was able to track down that elusive groove—Mark Pritchard and On’‘Mas Keith‘s Wind It Up—and, with a little help from beatsmith Elee, flip it into the backdrop for his new single of the same title. Included on Pugs’ latest street album, this record finds the freestyle alum enlisting Flex emcee ProbCause and Impolite Society member Elee to drop braggadocious bars over the aforementioned beat, an inexorably marching arrangement reminiscent of an old-school arcade game. DJ Alo tops the record off with an iconic sample from Biggie‘s Who Shot Ya?. For Wind It Up and much more, check out Atomz’ Back in the Go! LP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Ain't" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)