During Pugs Atomz’ second trip to London, the emcee heard a beat that kept running through his head long after he’d departed—only problem was, he wasn’t able to identify the instrumental. (Guess he didn’t have Shazam on his phone). The story has a happy ending, however; with the help of DJ Vadim, he was able to track down that elusive groove—Mark Pritchard and On’‘Mas Keith‘s Wind It Up—and, with a little help from beatsmith Elee, flip it into the backdrop for his new single of the same title. Included on Pugs’ latest street album, this record finds the freestyle alum enlisting Flex emcee ProbCause and Impolite Society member Elee to drop braggadocious bars over the aforementioned beat, an inexorably marching arrangement reminiscent of an old-school arcade game. DJ Alo tops the record off with an iconic sample from Biggie‘s Who Shot Ya?. For Wind It Up and much more, check out Atomz’ Back in the Go! LP, available now for free download via Audiomack.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Ain't" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.