Now I was always told that having Rocket Love wasn’t exactly a good thing, if you catch my drift, but consummately smooth emcee and The Gent$ frontman Pugz Atomz begs to differ. Instead of speed, Pugz is referring to altitude when he says he’s got Rocket Love on his new single, and fittingly the track easily breaks through the stratosphere thanks to a minimally spacey beat from boardsmith Grant Parks. To clarify, despite my sexual entendres Rocket Love isn’t (entirely) about lovemaking…I think. Truth be told, it’s hard to pin down just what the central theme of Pugz’ lyrical journey is, but maybe the Booth will be able to decipher the code that I can’t. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time y’all proved to be smarter than me. Rocket Love will blast off on both Pugz and Grant Parks’ collabo album Kind of Like a Rapper, due out on June 1, as well as Pugz’ solo effort Kind of Like a Mixtape, due to hit our very own front pages soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Ain't" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.