Now I was always told that having Rocket Love wasn’t exactly a good thing, if you catch my drift, but consummately smooth emcee and The Gent$ frontman Pugz Atomz begs to differ. Instead of speed, Pugz is referring to altitude when he says he’s got Rocket Love on his new single, and fittingly the track easily breaks through the stratosphere thanks to a minimally spacey beat from boardsmith Grant Parks. To clarify, despite my sexual entendres Rocket Love isn’t (entirely) about lovemaking…I think. Truth be told, it’s hard to pin down just what the central theme of Pugz’ lyrical journey is, but maybe the Booth will be able to decipher the code that I can’t. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time y’all proved to be smarter than me. Rocket Love will blast off on both Pugz and Grant Parks’ collabo album Kind of Like a Rapper, due out on June 1, as well as Pugz’ solo effort Kind of Like a Mixtape, due to hit our very own front pages soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Ain't" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.