Now I was always told that having Rocket Love wasn’t exactly a good thing, if you catch my drift, but consummately smooth emcee and The Gent$ frontman Pugz Atomz begs to differ. Instead of speed, Pugz is referring to altitude when he says he’s got Rocket Love on his new single, and fittingly the track easily breaks through the stratosphere thanks to a minimally spacey beat from boardsmith Grant Parks. To clarify, despite my sexual entendres Rocket Love isn’t (entirely) about lovemaking…I think. Truth be told, it’s hard to pin down just what the central theme of Pugz’ lyrical journey is, but maybe the Booth will be able to decipher the code that I can’t. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time y’all proved to be smarter than me. Rocket Love will blast off on both Pugz and Grant Parks’ collabo album Kind of Like a Rapper, due out on June 1, as well as Pugz’ solo effort Kind of Like a Mixtape, due to hit our very own front pages soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Ain't" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)