Now I was always told that having Rocket Love wasn’t exactly a good thing, if you catch my drift, but consummately smooth emcee and The Gent$ frontman Pugz Atomz begs to differ. Instead of speed, Pugz is referring to altitude when he says he’s got Rocket Love on his new single, and fittingly the track easily breaks through the stratosphere thanks to a minimally spacey beat from boardsmith Grant Parks. To clarify, despite my sexual entendres Rocket Love isn’t (entirely) about lovemaking…I think. Truth be told, it’s hard to pin down just what the central theme of Pugz’ lyrical journey is, but maybe the Booth will be able to decipher the code that I can’t. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time y’all proved to be smarter than me. Rocket Love will blast off on both Pugz and Grant Parks’ collabo album Kind of Like a Rapper, due out on June 1, as well as Pugz’ solo effort Kind of Like a Mixtape, due to hit our very own front pages soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Ain't" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.