As proven by Booth favorites Young Son and Pay$0z’ collaborations with Manic Mondays mastermind K. Sparks, DJBooth.net is a valuable resource for artists as well as listeners. The latest emcee to take advantage of our site’s many connects is Chicago underground mainstay (and mainstream up-and-comer) Pugs Atomz, who on June 16th will team up with 2DopeBoyz.com and Fake Shore Drive to present his Road to the Top mixtape. Standing tall in the Winners’ circle, Pugs details the determination that saw him through the darkest of times (and in inner-city Chi-Town, things can get pretty rough). NYC native 6th Sense adds his own victory speech over Ill Poetic‘s beat, which boasts a sampled groove that’s as refreshing as a Gatorade shower. Those who like what they hear should keep their browsers trained on the Booth throughout the summer—both 6th Sense and Ill Poetic are both set to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by Burmy on 06/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Ain't" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.