As proven by Booth favorites Young Son and Pay$0z’ collaborations with Manic Mondays mastermind K. Sparks, DJBooth.net is a valuable resource for artists as well as listeners. The latest emcee to take advantage of our site’s many connects is Chicago underground mainstay (and mainstream up-and-comer) Pugs Atomz, who on June 16th will team up with 2DopeBoyz.com and Fake Shore Drive to present his Road to the Top mixtape. Standing tall in the Winners’ circle, Pugs details the determination that saw him through the darkest of times (and in inner-city Chi-Town, things can get pretty rough). NYC native 6th Sense adds his own victory speech over Ill Poetic‘s beat, which boasts a sampled groove that’s as refreshing as a Gatorade shower. Those who like what they hear should keep their browsers trained on the Booth throughout the summer—both 6th Sense and Ill Poetic are both set to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by Burmy on 06/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"They Ain't" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.