Larry Bird and Michael Jordan: two of the greatest players, and the most fervent Big Mac fans, the NBA has ever seen. While I can’t speak to Booth newcomer Puck‘s culinary preferences, the 18-year-old Dayton, Ohio native does share these hoop legends’ propensity for balling on the competition, as evidenced by freshly-minted promo single Jordan vs. Bird. Over Chiddy Bang beatsmith Xaphoon Jones’ infectious flip of Grouplove‘s Colors, the artist brushes off his bogus peers, outlines the lofty scale of his aspirations, and speaks out against the atrocious phenomenon of “duck face” (“Girl, that’s so annoying.”). Director Dan Gotti provides a visual complement to his self-assured bars. This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on this promising up-and-comer in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.